Saturday, August 22, 2009

Aloha Oe...

It's my last night in Hawaii. Wow. I can't even believe it! I don't really have time to write this blog, but wanted to make sure it was up and running before I leave tomorrow. So here's my only thought for today...

I'm going to miss the bamboo :)

You may have heard me talk in detail about my love for this amazing grass (that's right, it's not a tree, it's grass). In moments of quiet through the last weeks I've thought often about bamboo. How it struggles so hard beneath the surface for years before it breaks through the ground and shoots up in a matter of days. This thought remains: it must have the ability to grow so fast because of the strength it acquired in the struggle beneath the ground.

May this be true of all of us as well...

Aloha means I love you,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment